IR summary: the occupiers reinforce their units in the Mariupol direction
IR summary: the occupiers reinforce their units in the Mariupol direction
Operational data group "Information Resistance"
The Russian occupation forces continue to carry out shelling and armed provocations in the area of the demarcation line in the Donbas. During the week, shelling from the formations of the occupation group was recorded with an average of 10-15 per day. At the same time, the occupants mainly used automatic small arms, large-caliber machine guns, handle and mounted grenade launchers, mortars (82-mm and 120-mm), regular armament of combat armored vehicles, anti-aircraft guns (ZU-23-2) and ATGM. Also during the week, there were cases of firing from single (pair) guns of 122 mm barrel artillery.
Basically, the enemy opens fire in the dark time of day with aim to provoke advanced units of the Joint Forces to open return fire with further reconnaissance and determination of the location of firing assets of the Ukrainian troops on the ground. Separate shelling, including the use of heavy weapons (120-mm mortars, 122-mm artillery), was carried out in order to exert moral and psychological pressure on the personnel of advanced JF units or provoke discontent among the civilian population living near the demarcation line. It is noteworthy that the enemy also fires at social infrastructure facilities in this area - power lines, transformer and pumping stations, etc.
The main areas where the enemy was active during the week were:
- The area of the Bakhmutka highway (from Novotoshkovka to Sokolniki),
- The area of the left flank and the “top” of the Svetlodarsk arc (near Popasnaya, the area south of Svetlodarsk and Nizhny Lozovoy),
- Gorlovka perimeter,
- North-western outskirts of Donetsk,
- Mariupol direction (from Pavlopol and Piszhevik to the coast near Shyrokino).
At the same time, active activity of the enemy's sniper groups, special operation teams and covert engineering groups is observed in the first line and in the neutral zone. Every day, enemy formations actively use the neutral zone to conduct reconnaissance and observation of the JF positions, rapid attacks on the advanced AFU positions and hidden mining. The intensive use of reconnaissance equipment (UAVs, EW equipment) by the occupation forces and attempts to conduct sabotage in the closest tactical zone of the JF are also noted.
Also the direct striving of the enemy’s sabotage groups to destroy armored and motor vehicles of the JF units directly is noted at the forward positions and in their nearest tactical rear. For what purpose, the enemy command periodically organizes hidden raids of fire groups specially prepared from trained personnel (armed with handle grenade launchers and anti-tank systems) to the neutral zone. These groups, covertly taking disguised and prepared firing positions in the neutral zone, suddenly open fire on the locations of the identified JF equipment and quickly retreat to their positions. In this case, the enemy uses intense automatic machine-gun fire (and sometimes mortar) to cover the actions of these groups.
In connection with the work of the SMM OSCE, the Russian occupying forces take additional measures to camouflage military equipment, as well as to limit its movement in all sectors along the demarcation line.
To support the activities of units and subunits of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the operational group of the Russian occupation troops, about 2,100 tons of fuel and lubricants were delivered from the territory of Russia (the railway station Rovenky).
Other military activity:
- Combat use of the UAV “Aileron-3” is recorded in the zone of responsibility of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of operational group of the Russian occupation forces. This type of UAV is part of the short-range complex of aerial reconnaissance and surveillance and was developed by the Russian enterprise JSC “ENIKS” (Russia, Kazan). The complex of this type entered in service to the units and subunits of the Russian armed forces of the Central Military District in the first half of 2015;
- 10 platforms with tanks arrived at the railway station “Debaltsevo” that were in the repair and restoration work in Lugansk;
- In connection with the beginning of the new training year from December 10 of this year, , training camps with snipers from units of the 2nd Army Corps LPR began at the “Centralniy” training ground, according to a unified plan of the Southern Military District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. And from December 11 this year, according to the unified plan of combat training, the units of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the occupying forces were moved to the “Udarny”, “Centralniy” and “Udaloy” training grounds;
- In the framework of (December 20-25 of this year) the so-called “Joint command and staff exercises” with units of 1st and 2nd Army Corps “LDPR” under the leadership of the Russian command, the deployment of a system of reserve command posts of both “Army Corps” was conducted. At the same time, in order to improve the skills of personnel in the treatment of in-service communications equipment, radio training is conducted on December 17-21 of this year in various radio networks and radio communication lines of the tactical level of the control system of the occupying forces;
- Occupants continue to strengthen in the seaside direction. To the north of Bezymennoe and in the area of Veseloe, there are several units of engineering equipment and up to a dozen trucks. To the east of Naberezhnoe, equipment of hidden positions for armored vehicles was fixed, and to the south of Naberezhnoe, up to 10 units of armored vehicles disguised in forest plantations (mainly BMP and MT-LB).
- A group of armored vehicles (4 BMP-1/2, 2 units of MT-LB and 1 BTR-80) and 3 trucks Ural, moving in the south-west direction, were fixed in the area of Razdolnoe. Apparently, the motorized rifle company was redeployed for the reinforcement of the first line in the area south of Dokuchaevsk (presumably the area of Petrovskoe);
* * *
A massive information campaign continues in the media controlled by the occupying administration of “DPR” and “LPR” to create a stir around the “expected large-scale offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine”. It draws attention to the fact that this informational operation is accompanied by a series of activities in the units of the occupying troops (first of all, in the “1st Army Corps DPR”). Thus, the advanced units of the 9th separate mechanized regiment (Novoazovsk), the 5th and 1st separate mechanized brigade and partly the 3rd separate mechanized brigade (Gorlovka) are on full alert, and in some areas a significant build-up of forces and equipment is conducted. Created and run-in in previous periods "duty" forces and means pushed to the forefront.
At the same time, supplies of consumables (fuels and lubricants, tires, spare parts) sharply increased in both “Army corps”. The units formed and involved repair teams to restore the combat readiness of weapons and equipment. Detection and maintenance of motor vehicles has also intensified, and an active work to attract civilian specialists from the local production base to the technical support and maintenance of military equipment is being noted. The “1st Army Corps DPR” command reports on readiness for operation in winter conditions at least one third of the total motor transport.
The Russian occupation authorities in the temporarily occupied territories of the Donetsk and Lugansk regions continue to carry out measures for the compulsory obtaining of passports so-called “DPR” and “LPR” by servicemen of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the occupation forces from the local population.
On the temporarily occupied territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions (December 17–26), training camps are held with reservists, including reserve officers. Previously, the “LDPR military registration and enlistment offices” notified certain categories of persons demanding to arrive at the “military commissariats” at their place of residence. In total, at least 1600 people were involved in this event.
* * *
Despite the continued supply of fuel and lubricants from the Russian Federation to the “LPR”, there is a significant shortage of gasoline (the main shortage is A-95) in the “republic” since the beginning of December this year. At most gas stations there is only diesel fuel. In the case of the receipt of gasoline, it is sold at significantly inflated prices and by bank transfer.
At the “SE“ Donetskkoks ”(Donetsk), employees of the enterprise are given a grocery set instead the salary, which is delivered from the Russian Federation as part of“ humanitarian aid”. As previously reported, products that are imported from the Russian Federation are very low quality.
The tense situation with the supply of bread and bakery products in the villages Dokuchaevsk and Amvrosievka has developed due to the stopping of the Dokuchaevsky bakery. Today, bread is brought from the settlement of Donetsk, and interruptions in the supply of products to small villages are observed. The stopping of the Dokuchaevsky bakery is connected with the seizure of the enterprise by the militants from the “newly elected authorities of the DPR”.
The wage arrears at the SE “Lutuginsky Research and Production Rolling Plant” (Lutugino, Zavodskaya St., 2), which is subordinated to the “Ministry of Industry and Trade of the LPR”, are recorded of more than 30 million rubles.
There are wage arrears in the amount of 307 million rubles at the “LNR” housing and utilities enterprises. The main problems are the tariffs for services that do not meet the economically justified costs of enterprises. The funds for providing services to privileged categories of the population are not reimbursed, and local budgets do not pay for city improvement and waste removal services.